Two dozen Wisconsin companies have been named finalists for the 2018 MARKETPLACE Governor’s Awards, which honor outstanding Wisconsin businesses owned by minorities, women and service-disabled veterans.
More than 300 nominations were received this year recognizing the achievements of businesses of all sizes and industries. Winners will be announced at a Dec. 13 luncheon at MARKETPLACE 2018, the Governor’s Conference on Minority Business Development. The event will be held at the Potawatomi Hotel and Conference Center in Milwaukee with the support of over 20 sponsors, including Keystone Sponsor U.S. Bank and Governor’s Award Luncheon Sponsor Milwaukee Business Journal.
Businesses are being honored in three categories: the Outstanding Business Award (with subcategories for large and small businesses), which recognizes established businesses that have demonstrated the capacity to grow over the past five years and have plans for continued expansion in the future; and the Rising Star Award, which honors businesses established after 2013 that have demonstrated strong growth potential.
Awards are given to certified minority-owned business enterprises (MBE), woman-owned business enterprises (WBE) and service-disabled veteran-owned businesses (DVB).
Certification programs included in the awards are the State of Wisconsin Department of Administration’s MBE, WBE and DVB certifications; the State of Wisconsin Department of Transportation’s Federal Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) certification; the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) certification; the North Central Minority Supplier Development Council certification; and the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council certification.
The finalists in the Outstanding Large Business Award category for MBE, WBE or DVB businesses (covering businesses with more than 25 employees) are:
- ALLCON LLC, Butler
- Convenience Electronics Inc., McFarland
- Duwe Metal Products Inc., Menomonee Falls
- MARS IT Corp., dba MARS Solutions Group, Wauwatosa
- Premier Medical Staffing Services LLC, Milwaukee
- Security Officer Services Inc., Milwaukee
- U.S. Vet General Contracting LLC, McFarland
The finalists with 25 or fewer employees in the Outstanding Small Business Award category for MBE, WBE or DVB businesses (covering businesses with 25 or fewer employees) are:
- Great Impressions LLC, Milwaukee
- Luxury Massage Therapist LLC, dba Spa Massage on the Go, West Allis
- PeroDigm Design Studio LLC, Cambridge
- Quintec Integration Inc., Waukesha
- STATZ Corp., Cross Plains
- Stormwater Solutions Engineering LLC, Milwaukee
- Superior Structural Corp., New Berlin
- Top Tier LLC, Reedsburg
- Your Personal Gardener LLC, Mukwonago
The finalists for the Rising Star Awards are:
- adBidtise LLC, Milwaukee
- Aeroforce Logistics LLC, Milwaukee
- AgriStaff USA LLC, Kiel
- Brainchild Studios LLC, Milwaukee
- Dakonte Product Group Inc., Milwaukee
- Derute Consulting Cooperative, Milwaukee
- Easier Living Consultants LLC, Camp Douglas
- Full Spectrum Health Services LLC, Madison
Award finalists will benefit from recognition at the event and through media promotion.
MARKETPLACE 2018, which takes place Dec. 12-13, is the premier business capacity-building conference of the year for minority, woman and veteran-owned businesses pursuing contracts with state, federal and local agencies as well as corporations.
For 37 years, the conference has brought together businesses, agencies and business development resources to create new opportunities for State of Wisconsin certified companies. More than 60 exhibitors, including lenders, business resources, certified agencies and businesses, will be featured in the MARKETPLACE Expo Hall on Dec. 13.
The individual cost is $70 for both days, with a $20 additional fee for the Dec. 12 evening reception. Discounts are available for minority, woman and veteran-owned businesses. Buyers and supplier diversity managers from government agencies and private corporations attending to meet potential suppliers can register at no charge.
Registration and detailed information are available at MarketplaceWisconsin.com.