The autumn air is beginning to cool, and people are starting to bring out the gloves and hats. Along with keeping bodies warm when outside, people are also starting to turn on the heat to their home. Manitowoc County Emergency Services Director Travis Waack was on the WCUB 980 AM Breakfast Club earlier this week and he says that now is the time of year when most home fires ignite.
The best way to avoid a fire is to have your furnace inspected.
As for those with a fire place…
Space heaters tend to be an issue as well. Waack says if you insist on using one, to make sure it’s not plugged into a long extension cord, and to make sure there is plenty of space around it.