Bay Beach in Green Bay avoided disaster yesterday, after their Ferris wheel overheated. The 10 seat wheel began to smoke while visitors to the park were on it, but all passengers were able to off load the ride without any injuries being reported. The ride had been checked during routine maintenance that morning, according to the Green Bay Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department. It was determined that the cause of the incident was some grease that had dripped into the main drive. An inspection was performed, and the ride was re-opened.