They say things happen in threes. After the tragedy in Sun Prairie where a firefighter died as a result of a explosion stemming from a gas leak, and a gas main was struck in Fond du Lac, there was also a gas main struck by a back hoe at a road construction site in Sheboygan yesterday morning. Crews responded to the intersection of North 17th Street and St. Clair Avenue at around 9:50 AM when the gas smell was noticed. Everyone in the surrounding area was evacuated while Wisconsin Public Service made their way to the scene. WPS shut off the supply to the gas line, and crimped the damaged pipe. While the fire department left the scene at 11:55 AM or so, WPS remained on the scene to ensure the pipe was properly fixed, and no longer spewing gas. There were no injuries in the incident.