Following the death of a one year old child in Sheboygan earlier this week, legislation is scheduled to be passed cracking down on the window blind industry. The child died after escaping from a crib, and becoming entangled in the draw strings of a window blind. No charges have been filed as the death was ruled accidental. According to the Center for Childhood safety, a child dies every month due to long blind cords. The new laws that are in the works will make cordless blinds the new standard, and those with long cords will be required to install a cord cleat to wrap them up. If you can’t afford to buy the cleat, contact the Window and Door Manufacturers Association, and they’ll send you some for free.