Oshkosh fire officials are blaming static electricity for starting a fire at the A-P Nonweiler industrial coatings plant Monday night. Workers were transferring Toluene to a mixing tank when it ignited. The plant’s sprinkler system helped keep the situation under control until firefighters could arrive and put it completely out. Water from those sprinklers flushed powder which is used to whiten paint and other products. Residents have been told they may notice a white residue on the ground, but it offers no health threat. The Department of Natural Resources is monitoring the situation despite the assurances.